Definition: one of a group of benevolent spirits promoting good in the world.
1. One of a group of benevolent spirits promoting good in the world.
2. In China, a county or district.
1. Taoists want to live forever, become Hsien.
– Louis Rogers, Ladder to the Sky
2. The hsien was willing to depart, most willing if it could fulfill its mission and take her with it. By urging the spirit to depart as quickly as possible, Deng had inadvertently given it new strength.
– Jane Lindskold, Five Odd Honors